With over eight decades of collective experience, the pediatric surgery team at Levine Children’s Hospital hopes its future is as successful as its past.
But this is just the beginning for this group of nationally and internationally recognized specialists and nurse practitioners, whose experience is as diverse as the conditions they treat.
In 2013, Dr. Stallion, the former staff surgeon at Cleveland Clinic Children’s Hospital joined Carolinas HealthCare System as chief of pediatric surgery, which includes Levine Children’s Hospital in Charlotte and Jeff Gordon Children’s Hospital in Concord, NC.
Since his arrival, Stallion has lead efforts to help ensure children get the same level of care at facilities throughout the region and the System.
“There’s tremendous potential for us to build upon the foundation of pediatric surgical services Carolinas HealthCare System already has built throughout the region,” says Dr. Stallion. “And as we continue to develop a nationally recognized pediatric surgery department, we’re committed to building clinical programs that deliver the very best quality care for children everywhere.”
Meet the Team
Join us in wishing continued progress and many more years of success to the pediatric surgery department at Levine Children’s Hospital. Supported by nurse practitioners Erin Caldwell, Michelle Taylor and Michelle Rosero Thomas, our board-certified doctors include:
With offices in Concord and Charlotte, including Levine Children’s Hospital, this general pediatric surgeon specializes in trauma and burn care and innovative surgical treatments for advanced cancer. Starting in March, he will see patients the third Friday of each month at the Children’s Specialty Center in Hickory.
With offices in Concord and Charlotte, NC, he specializes in pediatric surgery with expertise in innovative minimally invasive surgical techniques.
Based in Charlotte, NC, at Levine Children’s Hospital, he specializes in general, pediatric and head and neck plastic surgery.
With offices in Concord and Charlotte, he specializes in general and pediatric surgery with a special interest in pectus chest wall deformities.
With offices in Concord and Charlotte, including Levine Children’s Hospital, this general pediatric surgeon specializes in minimally invasive surgical techniques.
With offices in Concord and Charlotte, including Levine Children’s Hospital, this general pediatric surgeon specializes in bowel dysmotility.
Noteworthy Team Achievements
- The Pediatric Trauma Center earned a level-2 designation and soon will be a Level-I, making it the top center in the region
- Treated patients from North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, California and Kansas
- Successful outcomes exceed national benchmarks
- Started to treat chest-wall deformity in children and adults
- Started to treat bowel motility, or unusual intestinal contractions or paralysis
- Performed national clinical trials for use of gastric stimulation for gastric dysmotility
- Started to perform minimally invasive lung surgeries
- Started to use hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy, or HIPEC, a highly concentrated, heated chemotherapy treatment delivered directly to the abdomen during surgery
- Continued development of pediatric care locations